How we evaluate the effectiveness of SEN Provision
We continuously ensure the provision has a positive impact on the outcomes for all of our
We do this in a variety of ways, including:
• Robust evaluation of policy and practice, regularly updated and ratified by governors;
• Book scrutinies of the SEND pupils work;
• SENDCO/SLT/Governor monitoring through: regular meetings of SLT; meetings with link
governor for SEND; sharing of SEND information and data at Full Governing Body
Meetings; and through the Head Teacher’s Report to governors.
• Learning walks to focus on: progress, quality and impact of interventions and evidence of
Quality First Teaching strategies being implemented into the classroom
• Performance management and pupil progress meetings linking to the progress of all pupils;
taking on board feedback from wider professionals and agencies;
• Continually looking to up-skill staff through Continual Professional Development to meet
the needs of all children in school;
• Detailed assessments and target tracking to ensure that all learners achieve and make
progress at Newker Primary School.