Visions and Values
These are the Curriculum drivers for our school:
- We would like the pupils at Newker to show curiosity towards their learning and equip them with the confidence to find out more.
- To help pupils formulate questions such as who, what, why, where, when and how.
- To become effective researchers to learn where to look to find out more.
- To also develop and nurture their own interests and explore new ideas.
- We would like the pupils at Newker to be taught how to treat others how they would like to be treated themselves.
- To look after the school, class resources and the property of others.
- To use language that is respectful when speaking to peers and all adults in school.
- To listen and value the ideas of others and also respecting differences, views and opinions.
- To use polite manners towards everyone in school.
- We would like the pupils at Newker to not give up, not to be afraid of failure and to learn from them.
- To keep trying and learning different strategies to help them overcome problems.
- To help pupils develop their self-confidence and a belief in themselves that they can achieve.
- To develop a positive growth mindset and be able to bounce back.
- We would like the pupils at Newker to know their goals and targets and to be challenged to achieve highly by challenging stereotypes and raising their expectations.
- To link subjects and activities to the world of work in real-life contexts to help prepare pupils for life in modern Britain.
- To provide pupils with a broad and balanced curriculum, with opportunities to excel in other areas and value these successes.
Happy and Healthy Learners
- We would like the pupils at Newker to enjoy school, their learning and the opportunities that they have.
- To learn to recognise how they feel and be able to talk about their feelings.
- To feel safe and secure and seek the support of staff if needed.
- To develop positive relationships with other children and adults in school.
- To be active learners in lessons and at break and lunchtimes.
- To learn about healthier choices for snacks and at lunchtime, based on an understanding of healthy lifestyles.