Teaching, Learning & Curriculum
At Newker Primary School, we take great pride in being very inclusive and we endeavour to support every child regardless of their level of need or ability. All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and a pace that is appropriate to them. At times, and when it is felt appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented.
To ensure that all of our children can succeed, we:
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities;
- Help all pupils achieve to the best of their abilities, despite any difficulty or disability they may have;
- Ensure that teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching pupils in a way that is most appropriate to their needs;
- Promote our pupils' confidence and self-esteem;
- Work in partnership with parents/ carers and relevant external agencies in order to provide for any child's special educational needs and disabilities;
- Identify at the earliest opportunity, all children that need special consideration to support their needs (whether these are educational, social, physical or emotional);
- Make suitable provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities and interest;
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement;
- Promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independence at all age and ability levels;
- Ensure every child has the entitlement to a sense of achievement;
- Regularly review tour provision and practice in order to achieve best outcomes for our children.
We understand that children learn and develop in different ways. As result of this, Class Teachers and Learning Support Assistants recognise this and use a a range of different teaching styles, resources and plan different levels of work in the classroom to cater for the various ways children learn. We ensure that the parents/carers of our pupils are kept up-to-date with what special help their child may receive.